Pull switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to replace a pull switch in my bathroom but can't get it to work properly.

When I initially connected the wires to the L1, L2 and Com-L terminals in the switch, the bathroom light worked but the rest of the lights in my flat didn't.

I've tried all 6 possible ways these wires can be connected with various combinations of lights working in the bathroom or the rest of the flat but can't get the bathroom light AND those in the other rooms to work at the same time.

Somebody please put me out of my misery and tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Sponsored Links
Unless, you have two switches controlling your bathroom light, you must have had two wires in the same terminals on the old switch.

You need a multimeter to test for voltages. You need to ascertain which of the three wires are live in, live out, and switched live. The first two go in Common and the last goes in L1 OR L2.

Thanks so much for the extremely quick reply!

That was the one possibility I hadn't thought of. I don't have a multimeter, but will get one tomorrow, cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back