bathroom light pull switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh boy am I pleased to have found this site, it's those pull cord switches in the bathroom again!. Mine stopped working so the light was on all the time. Went and bought another thinking wiring I could copy wiring over to new pull cord. Wrong! Old one 2way common has red to L1 and black to L2. New has L1 and L2 and Com. Do I put red to L2 and black to com? (earth connected to it's own block in the upper part of the switch) :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
So you're saying:

OLD: red>L1 black>L2 COM>empty

NEW: L1 L2 COM

Isn't it a matter of a straight swap???

If you simply have a black and red, then yes the way you describe should work. You can even swap the wires around if you wish. Or be adventurous and use L1 instead of L2! ;)

No com on old fitting. I tried L1 red and L2 black as previously wired on old switch and new switch did not work so thought com might have to have one of the wires.

on a two-way switch the power goes in on COM

and out on L1 or L2 depending on position of switch

L1 and L2 never get connected together by a 2-way switch

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back