bathroom pull switch problems

OK - I thought you were referring to the make of switch and the terminal labelling - sorry.

Use your multimeter to identify permanent and switched lives & neutrals, join the neutrals with a piece of choc-block and connect the lives to your new switch.

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:lighting

Sponsored Links
so join both neutrals together via choc block, then i have a choice of
L1
L2
L3/comL
for the 2 remaining reds

so red to L1 red to com and L2 empty, both blacks joind via choc blocks, boths earth to there earth.

right i shall try it when i get home, does it mater which red goes where?

Sponsored Links
so red to L1 red to com and L2 empty, both blacks joind via choc blocks, boths earth to there earth.

right i shall try it when i get home,
Umm....
link the two blacks with a bit of chocblock in the switch back box and connect the reds to comL and L1.
mmm didnt work

So if when you get home you are going to try what you were told to do yesterday, and what you said you did yesterday, and what you said didn't work yesterday, what did you actually do yesterday?

:confused:

does it mater which red goes where?
How on earth could it matter?

Please put some time into reading this: //www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:lighting

And start with particular focus on this: //www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:single-way-lighting#switch-terminal-markings

lets just get one thing right sunshine, i am not an expert i came on here to get some friendly help which i have got of the other guy(wingcoax), except from you, Mr Big time charlie, so tell you what please keep your comments to yourself,its prats like you who stop people coming on these forums asking for help.
You wouldnt get away with speaking to people with such attitude on the street, please dont think you can get away with it on here.

lets just get one thing right sunshine, i am not an expert i came on here to get some friendly help which i have got of the other guy(wingcoax), except from you, Mr Big time charlie, so tell you what please keep your comments to yourself.
I have not said anything remotely unreasonable, unpleasant or abusive towards you.

You came and asked for help, and wingcoax told you what to do.

According to you you did that and it didn't work, and then when someone else told you exactly the same thing you said you would try it when you got home.

So why is it not reasonable to ask what you did do yesterday? Because if you did do what wingcoax said, and it didn't work then there's not much point you trying exactly the same thing again today, is there?

And if you didn't do what he said, why not?

its prats like you who stop people coming on these forums asking for help
You go on about coming here and expecting to get friendly help from unpaid people, but you think that you can prolong the time it takes them to help you, and drag extra people into trying to help you, by not only not following the advice they give you but saying that you have and it didn't work?

Think again about who's the prat, and quite frankly if you are going to behave like that then it would be best if you were stopped from coming here asking for help.

And on that subject, my advice to you to spend a bit of time learning was helpful, but as you don't want the sort of advice which helps you to learn and to take some responsibility for your own actions, but instead you just want to sit there and be spoon-fed help without putting any effort in yourself you decided to insult me.

You wouldnt get away with speaking to people with such attitude on the street, please dont think you can get away with it on here
What attitude?

The one where I wondered what you did do when you were first told how to make your lights work?

Or the one where I recognised from your question about which red should go where that you don't know enough about how it works, and because I believe that fiddling with electrics when you don't understand what you're doing is dangerous and irresponsible I pointed you at information on this site which would explain to you how it works?

And in both cases did so without abusing or insulting you in any way?

Why should I not "get away" with that?

read you post through and see what a jerk you really are, and if you wish to go running to a mod then that is up to you

I've read it through, and I can't see anything wrong with it.

Perhaps you'd like to show, with cogent and rational analysis, which parts of it were unacceptable?

In doing so it would be best if you could confine yourself to considering my actual words, not what you imagined I wrote.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back