Pulley Install In Concrete Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have purchased a Cast In Style pulley/clothes airer to be installed in my kitchen. However, I then realised the ceiling is concrete. Having never drilled vertically into concrete before, I contacted a few handymen to have someone do it for me but no one seems to be sure how to install it. Surely this can't be that complicated? If I were to buy concrete anchor sleeves in the corresponding size could I use the sleeves with the pulley bolt instead of the supplied bolt?

th

https://www.castinstyle.co.uk/produ...ctorian-kitchen-maid-reg-pulley-clothes-airer

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
Thank you, that's definitely something I hadn't thought of and might be a way to go.

I was hoping there would be a less 'permanent' solution though as I would like to be able to remove the pulleys on the off chance that they would require replacing at some point. Obviously I hope they wont and I know I could just reposition if required but it would be nice to have a removable option if possible.

Sponsored Links
You could just install a hook or loop in ceiling , lots of pulleys available from boating stores which would accommodate that .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back