PUMA 80 SCALDING HOT WATER THEN COLD...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELLO EVERYONE,
I'M NEW TO BOILER REPAIRS(I'M AN INSTALLER).THIS IS MY FIRST POST.PUMA 80(PERMANENT PILOT) FIRES UP FULL FLAME FOR HOT WATER.THE BURNER DOESN'T MODULATE DOWN TO LOW FLAME AND THE BURNER FLAME CUTS OUT.THE WATER GOES COLD AND THEN THE BOILER IGNITES AGAIN...THE CYCLE GOES ROUND AND ROUND.I'VE TRIED DISCONNECTING ONE OF THE LEADS ON THE MODULATION ON THE GAS VALVE WHEN RUNNING THE HOT TAP AND THE FLAME CUTS OUT THEN GOES TO LOW FLAME.I HAVE CHANGED THE H/W THERMISTOR AND THE USER DISPLAY BOARD(BOTH DONE NOTHING TO HELP).THE POTENTIAL DIAL ON THE FRONT OF BOILER FOR THE H/W HAS NO EFFECT WHEN TURNING UP OR DOWN ON THE FLAME?THE PRESSURE IS GOOD ON THE HOT WATER SIDE(I KNOW IT'S A COMBINED HEAT EXCHANGER AND THIS COULD BE THE PROBLEM?)I'M NOW LEFT TO THINK MODULATION PCB OR HEAT EXCHANGER SCALED?ALSO THE PUMP HAD A VERY LOW RESISTNCE OF ONLY 50 OHMS....HELP
AS I SAID I'M VERY NEW TO BREAKDOWN SO FORGIVE MY KNOWLEDGE AND ANY SILLY POINTS I MAY HAVE MADE,THANKS BRAD.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It would be far better for you to register and post this in the closed Combustion Chamber section of this site where we can safely give you advice on gas related matters!

Tony

I'VE TRIED DISCONNECTING ONE OF THE LEADS ON THE MODULATION ON THE GAS VALVE WHEN RUNNING THE HOT TAP AND THE FLAME CUTS OUT THEN GOES TO LOW FLAME.

when disconnecting lead on modulator solenoid GV3 flame should fall and water temp decrease not go out
i would be looking at solenoid or gas valve if as you say water at hot tap is a good flow
[/quote][/code][/list][/list][/url]

changed the modulation pcb and still no different..help me please someone.

When you have changed a part which has not cured the problem then who pays for the new part?

Have you applied to enter the Combustion Chamber yet?

Tony

He said he was an installer which I interpreted to mean that he was registered with CORGI some years ago.

Perhaps all is not what it seems?

He said he was an installer which I interpreted to mean that he was registered with CORGI some years ago.

Perhaps all is not what it seems?
Yes I'm corgi registered.BRADLEY PHILLIPS 231057.Give me a break please.I'm new to breakdown as ALREADY mentioned.When giving comments please remember back to when you were learning.
I pay for the parts..NOT the customer(what thats got to do with it i don't know)?
The main pcb was lent to me by a friend(full time breakdown engineer) who had a spare on his van.He has helped with the problem on the boiler along with other friends who just do breakdown but I've hit a brick wall.My shoe size is seven and my hair is ginger(cuffs and all).Hope this HELPS....
Thanks Brad.
AGILE,I TRIED LINKING TO THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER LINK(DON'T KNOW IF IT WORKED?).
PS..I'VE READ LOTS OF YOUR OTHER COMMENTS ON HERE AND YOU ALWAYS SEEM VERY HELPFUL?
thanks again.Brad.

You have to email your name, address and gas registration number to [email protected] who will arrange your access to the CC. Thats the best place for trade enquiries.

You are quite right, I am very helpful !

But for safety reasons, I dont post information on gas related aspects on an open forum hence my request for you to sign up to the CC where I and the others can tell you what you need to know.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back