Pump does not stop running

Hi All,

Yep, the pump is now running near enough all the time again now. Unlike last time, I have some other problems, for example when I press the heating advance button on the Drayton Lifestyle LP112 the boiler does not always 'fire up' and the heating does not come on. If the Water advance button is pressed the boiler 'fires up' just fine. This problem does seem to be somewhat intermittent at the moment.

Do you guys think that a faulty boiler PCB could be causing this? Or do you think that I might have a timer issue this time round?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Yeah, this seems to be the PCB fault. I changed mine recently and it fixed the problem.
The card is easy enough to change out. Isolate the power at the distribution board and locally! Remove the steel housing, unscrew the 3 black screws on the plastic cover by the temperature dial. Unscrew the power cable-clamp screws and unplug the power cables from the PCB.
Slide the PCB towards you and make a note of which wiring-loom plug goes where. Remove the wiring plugs and then the PCB board. Replace the PCB & plugs and put it all back together. A 90W heating pump running constantly (8760Hrs/annum) will consume over £100 a year in power. It will pay for the new PCB card soon enough.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back