pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went to worcester 28 rsf. louyd noise from pump and overheat kept being activated. resistance and voltage to pump ok. took out vent plug and constant dribble flow of water from shaft. also shaft not rotating when boiler on. new pump? new to fault finding so want to be sure before order pump on behalf of the firm. thanks

Sponsored Links
If you've got 240VAC to the pump and it's not turning, I think you have your answer.

thanks gas for you. regarding water coming out of vent shaft. i assume there shouldnt be a flow of water coming out no matter how small.??was a bit worried when i took out vent plug as was expecting a river but it was a small constant flow which doesnt look right to me. yes voltage was 240 and ohms was fine too.

When removing the vent plug on the pump it is normal for the water to only trickle out.

Sponsored Links
Wow, fancy a firm employing someopne with so little experience!

Before you replace the pump you should spin it!

Standard instruction for new boilers!

Tony

went to worcester 28 rsf. louyd noise from pump and overheat kept being activated. resistance and voltage to pump ok. took out vent plug and constant dribble flow of water from shaft. also shaft not rotating when boiler on. new pump? new to fault finding so want to be sure before order pump on behalf of the firm. thanks

if you work for a 'firm' order all the useful bits for this boiler (gas valve, integral timer etc) & keep as 'van stock' ;) the pump is just a standard gfoss off the shelf.

could anyone tell me if there is a type of allen key that goes over the fitting as aposed to the normal key which simply slots into the fitting?

if you mean on the pump head you can get a t bar which makes changing pump heads so much easier, older ones are 4mm but a lot of newer ones are bigger (6mm i think)

Judging by your other posts you are being employed or charging for your services as a heating engineer when you clearly have very little knowledge and no practical qualifications. can i suggest you do some training or spend some time with a competent engineer before you let yourself loose on more unsuspecting members of the public.

Judging by your other posts you are being employed or charging for your services as a heating engineer when you clearly have very little knowledge and no practical qualifications. can i suggest you do some training or spend some time with a competent engineer before you let yourself loose on more unsuspecting members of the public.
Ditto
Or, if you must carry on, at least get one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Central-Hea...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224626180&sr=8-1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back