Pumped shower stuttering when turned off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Wonder if I might beg some experience/knowledge on an ongoing issue we have with our shower.

It is a pumped system. Pump is in the airing cupboard (see pic) with feeds to the shower going into the loft and dropping down into the bathroom. There are bottle vents at the top of the shower feeds.

Brand new shower mixer, though with the old one we had the same issue.

Problem is...when we turn off the shower, we get a stuttering from the pump. On for a second, off for a second, on, off, etc. Only way to stop it is to power sucks the pump itself.

The bottle valves are closed currently, but from memory, if I open them the stuttering is a lot less frequent. However, the cold bottle spits water when the shower is turned off.

Please help! I have given blood (literally) and sweat to renovated the entire bathroom and still cannot use the shower :-/

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 126
Sponsored Links
Problem almost certainly air in the system.

Replace the automatic air vents, fitting lever valves below each as isolator. Check vents frequently for signs of leaking. When leak found, isolate, replace, open isolation valve.

You could try cleaning the old vents in de-scaling fluid / white vinegar, test and keep as spares.

The bottle vents were brand spanking new with the shower change. From Screwfix, maybe too cheap? Do more expensive ones offer better 'performance'?

Have level valves down the track before the drop into the airing cupboard, so that is something good at least!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back