Pumped shower VS mixer ADVICE please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

forgive me for being stupid but would like a definitive, knowledgeable answer...

currently we have a mixer tap suppling a shower handset, this has a low-pressure headset on it and provides a good shower, nothing to set the world alight regarding pressure etc.

I've purchased a pumped grohe shower, which requires that the input pressures are taken down to between 0.1 - 1 bar.

Will this pumped shower feel like a much more powerful setup in comparison to the current setup I have as would hate for it to feel the same as now after all the effort.

I assumed that a pumped shower will give a much better flow - but am now worried I won't notice any different.....

personal experiences?

thanks

Sponsored Links
nick what are you panicing about.

this shower will give approx 18 l/min at 0.1 bar without the showerhead.

watch this video they are the same type of showeras the grohe same performance.
http://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/tvminisite/
click on why choose satellites.
then installer.
then dvd at bottom.

then tell me your not sure if it provides a good shower.

hi serco,

thanks for the link - v. reassuring!!

have deceided not to go ahead with the grohe wireless as it wouldn't suit the decor of our small bathroom.

Am I right in assuming that I can expect the same performance etc from aqualisa's axis digital pumped shower? this is now what i'm looking at as it has a slightly more 'traditional' look and will be contacting them today about input pressures and differences.

just wanted to put it out there - i assume these digital mixer showers are all very alike in their performance etc?

just to update - have spoken to aqualisa and they've given me the same min and max input pressures as grohe did - between 0.1 and 1 bar.

but they couldn't give me a maximum differential between the hot and cold inputs as they said on a gravity fed system they'd always be equal - obviously in my scenario i know this won't be the case and i'll have a cold pressure of around 1 bar and a hot around 0.5/0.6 bar - which they couldn't advise me on.

They also said it is a 1.2 bar pump in the unit which should generate between 13-17l per minute depending on if the boost function is used.

Has anyone fitted the aqualisa pumped digital showers with a pressure difference between the two inputs?

Sponsored Links
Anyone fitted the aqualisa mentioned above with different hot and cold pressures?

thanks

Nick

but they couldn't give me a maximum differential between the hot and cold inputs as they said on a gravity fed system they'd always be equal - obviously in my scenario i know this won't be the case and i'll have a cold pressure of around 1 bar and a hot around 0.5/0.6 bar - which they couldn't advise me on.

How did you come to this conclusion? I take it you have a gravity system and will be feeding the shower from the tank?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back