Pumping over into F&E. Cant find the cause.

smallest comi will give you 9.5l per minute (about 2.5l every 15 seconds- run a tap and draw 2.5l in 15 seconds and see what the flow rate is). Running two taps means water is divided between two taps- you do not get more from the boiler. Above rate is possible ONLY is gas line is of correct size. Bigger output boilers means very slightly more hot water flowrate but also means bigger gas line from the gas meter.

And here is a sting in the tail. Boiler breaks down you have no HW or heating. At least what you have will give you HW from immersion heater.

Expect a combi to break down more. Then do not expect every 'engineer' to be able to fix the beast. Lot of these people are part changers with little or no diagnostic skills.

Also, going sealed system may not be a good idea for you as your system may not be able to cope with higher working pressure.

Sponsored Links
Also, going sealed system may not be a good idea for you as your system may not be able to cope with higher working pressure.[/quote]

So just had a chat with my brother in law who is a heating engineer and would likely do the work for me at cost. His advice was almost identical to yours although he didnt mention pressure possibly causing problems with the existing system. He did say there would be more work in converting to combi (and to avoid low cost DIY shop combis) and sealed system could be a good alternative.

If the system cant handle the pressure, would it be the rads that it would be the weak spot, or the poxy microbore buried in the walls?

I wish I had my megaflow from the last house. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back