Pumpover.

Sponsored Links
How about making a sketch of flow. return, pump, feed and vent pipes and reason under what circumstances water will pump over.

After the fault was fixed pump was set for speed 3 with nil pumpover. Reversed pump would not make a difference, neither would a closed iso pump valve.

Several posters have already given the correct answer

Sponsored Links
22mm pipe between vent and feed was encrusted to a bore of about 8mm

22mm pipe between vent and feed was encrusted to a bore of about 8mm
After all that....what an anti-climax.
I found that problem on many occasions and always when the cold feed dipped before connecting into the flow. I always tee'd cold feed into the open-vent just before the connection to the flow and never experienced any blockage problems.

I would have expected Danny to have identified the blockage from outside the pipe on his first visit within two minutes !

Tony

Because that's what Tony expects and is twice as long as he would have taken :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

I have the requisite tool with me when I go in, but I cannot assume that Danny carries his with him at all times and he might have to go out and look for one in his van hence the extra minute.

Tony

Seemingly Agile broke his record for continual sex on saturday night 1 hour and 2 minutes . Then he realised the clocks had gone forward. :LOL:

Pipe was removed, blockage cleared and washed. Same stub of pipe refitted. So no pipework altered or replaced.

Tony, perhaps it should be said, I wrote this post to get the newbies to think through the malfunction. Clearly this exercise was not aimed at a genius like you but someone who is a recent start to get them thinking.

Anyway, how would you know what I carry in the van. If truth be told, I do have a magnet in the toolbox. I did not have to use it. Instead I reasoned why water was pumping over to remove the offending section.

perhaps it should be said, I wrote this post to get the newbies to think through the malfunction. Clearly this exercise was not aimed at a genius like you but someone who is a recent start to get them thinking.

your're a star.

what would they all do without ya.
1247_farting.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back