Pumps and filters - are they okay?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been offered a Wilo Eco pump to replace my 20 year old Grundfos one and an Adey filter in an overall boiler replacement quote. I know nothing about these products. Are they good or bad??? Are there better alternatives for the same price?

Sponsored Links
why is a bmw better than a mini? like most things with plumbing, the more expensive is often better, lasts longer, usually, with boilers the better the quality the easier they are to work on and repair as well as lasting longer without failing.

Sponsored Links
why is a bmw better than a mini? like most things with plumbing, the more expensive is often better, lasts longer, usually, with boilers the better the quality the easier they are to work on and repair as well as lasting longer without failing.
Well interestingly I have been trying to compare prices of the Wilo ECO and Grundfos on line and for what I believe to be the same type of pump in the Grundfos range it actually appears to be cheaper than the Wilo!

Actually I think you may be right give me another example that's better than that one then?javascript:emoticon(':rolleyes:')

BMW - Proton
BMW - Kia
Merc - Proton
Merc - Kia

I could go on, if I could be @rsed. ;)

Magnacleans leak...abysmal quality issues. Been redesigned countless times but a flawed product. If you need a magnetic filter fit a brass one from Spirovent.

For what an eco pump will save (probably £5 to £10 a year) they're just not worth it. Too many have problems with the electronics etc. When they do start to play up they can be difficult to diagnose faults on.

You also need to be careful that the boiler will work with an eco pump....some eg. Vaillants can be sensitive to flowrates and will fall over with fault codes.

Grundfoss pump and Spirotech system water filter would be my recommendation would never fit a Wilo Im afraid

I worked as a breakdown engineer for viessmann and observed that boilers with magnacleans fitted were blocking up. Boilers fitted with Spiro traps never blocked. I always fit them now and never have scale problems with my boilers. The early Vitodens boilers were fitted with Wilo pumps they are always leaking and the bearings fail. They learnt there lesson and use Grundfoss now and the problems have ended.

could you tell me easyas how the magnacleans block? since they would need to be totally ignored for that to happen, and I even show my customers how to clean them if they want to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back