Pumps

T

TellMeWhy

Every time I ask which is the best pumps, the word Grundfos comes up, which are the most expensive pumps. Yet my son bought a flat with a one year old Ariston Microgenus installed which has a Wilo pump. I believe most combis have Wilo pumps. He kept the flat for 8 years and not once did the boiler brake down. The pump performed faultlessly and quiet. A neighbour has had a cheap DAB pump (I believe made by Grundfos) for 8 years and again performs faultlessly and is quiet. So I would have no reservations buying these "cheaper" products.

I see in Toolstation and Screwfix sell some cheapish pumps. by the names of Flomasta, CORGI, etc. Does anyone know who makes these? One Flomasta looks like a Wilo with an identical body. And their quality?

I do know a clean system is kinder to pumps. So a cheap DAB and an effective magnetic filter may be the answer. The filter protects the whole system not just the pump, so a great benefit.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The electrical terminals are rubbish.

They seize very easily.

They are bloody noisy.

Thanks, the quality may have dropped. Are they the cheaper Grundfos range? Being owned by Grundfos you would think they were good quality.

Experiences of Wilo? Others?

Wilo have been fine both as OEM and as Standalone.

Grundfos seem to be the best although as you have pointed out - expensive.
They may be owned by Grundfos, but they are not made to the same standard as taking one apart would tell you straight away.

Grundfos pumps are filled with plastic. Well most things are nowadays.
Removed one a while back from a sf system with a snapped impeller shaft.
It did get a few roastings though which might have affected the plastic.

We had an impeller shear off the acel on a 25-80 a few years back.

Patched it back together with some 2 part epoxy and it has been fine ever since.

Talk about doing myself out of a good earning repair :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back