Pure Brilliant White Gloss recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're having a couple of new windows fitted shortly. Afterwards, I'll paint the new internal woodwork white. After priming, I'm trying to decide between several types of gloss...
Crown quick dry gloss. I've used this before. I quite like it, though I did find it hard to avoid brush marks. I am aware not to brush it out much.
Dulux Trade quick dry gloss.
Ronseal stays white one coat non-drip.

Thanks for any comments.
Derek

Sponsored Links
I have found quick dry dulux gloss to be a thinner paint than standard dulux gloss. I wouldn’t use it again, mores susceptible to runs/drip marks and requires many more coats to get an completely opaque finish (painting onto wood).

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I had a Screwfix voucher about to expire and I went and bought... Dulux. Oh, well, your advice will leave me prepared for it!
Derek

Sponsored Links
I hate working with water based top coats, but when I am forced to, I find Floetrol to be invaluable when it comes to minimising brushmarks (aka tramlines)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back