Push to break switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
What's it going to be used for?
Will you get a box that has a lid so you open to reach switch? How will you maintain the IPX rating if you need to drill it to fit the switch?

its going to be switching a 60w light, im really stuck on this one, the switch will be mounted in the lid as its going to be operated by a gate. As the gate opens the light comes on and when the gate shuts the light goes out.

The gates are electrically operated, the guy basically wants the lights to be on all the time the gate is open, i've done it temp so the lights operate as the gate is opening / closing but he wants blood!

Sponsored Links
It dosn't actually specify an IP rating anywhere but as long as the wires are sealed into the body of the reed switch then I don't see any reason why it cant be used externally.

hmm the roller switches are not IP rated though Sparky, the contact has a 230v operating voltage.

You could use the IP67 rated reed switch with a relay in an enclosure. This will then allow you to switch as much current as you like. (with an apropriatly rated relay) If you use a relay then it will not matter whether you buy a NO or an NC reed switch. I an not sure what the 'normal' state of the reed switch is but I would hazard a guess that the reed and magnet together would produce a NO output.

Dont think i need to mate, its very poorly worded on the website, i think it switches 0.5acA at 230VAC, I only want to switch a 60 light bulb which is something like 0.2acA.

As I interprit it the switch can a switch maximum of 10VA which is not enough for a 60W lamp. I am not sure what the 0.5acA refers to but I don't think it is half an amp when used on AC. I hope someone else can clear this up.

BTW fattony your RS links have gone dead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back