Putin is Insane

He did spend some time telling a story about a brave soldier who died killing many Ukranians - sounds like an important leader might have fallen.
Possibly referring to Major General Andrei Sukhovetsky who according to a source I read 2 or 3 days back will have a state funeral on Saturday (tomorrow). He is believed to be the highest ranking officer killed to date in the conflict

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
He could live his older life in luxury and have whatever he wants.
Instead he decided to start a war.
The guy is a nutter.

NATO warships regularly visit UK ports. Nothing to see here.......move on :eek::eek:

Yes. This is a good example of a misleading news headline. Well spotted; you win a weekend for two in a five star Blackburn hotel.

NATO ships visit ports regularly, but now they are visiting ports during Russia's Invasion of Ukraine.

I've been visiting pubs during Russia's Invasion of Ukraine! Life goes on.

Sponsored Links
Possiblyreferring to Major General Andrei Sukhovetsky who according to a source I read 2 or 3 days back will have a state funeral on Saturday (tomorrow). He is believed to be the highest ranking officer killed to date in the conflict

Read earlier that 3 high ranking officers have been killed now, after Putin demanded they go to the front lines to rally the troops and push forward.

...you win a weekend for two in a five star Blackburn hotel.
I happen to know Blackburn quite well, and I think you've misread the cue card - it said "A weekend for five in a two star Blackburn hotel", surely? Blackburn doesn't have a five star anything these days; even the (once really good) market has moved inside the old Woollies shop

Last edited by a moderator:
@JohnD, one reference I've just found was in the Indie yesterday evening. It mentions Sukhovetsky and that a divisional commander and a regimental commander have also been killed. The DM is carrying the same story as is Sky.

The military "trade mags" like Stars and Stripes seem to be saying that Russian HQ commanders are having to go forward into the battle areas to try to overcome major failings in command and execution by their juniors.

Lots more. I really can't remember where i read. I might have even heard it on Sky. Information overload, but I'm not making it up!

Screenshot_20220305-012320.png

I happen to know Blackburn quite well, and I think you've misread the cue card - it said "A weekend for five in a two star Blackburn hotel", surely? Blackburn doesn't have a five star anything these days; even the (once really good) market has moved inside the old Woollies shop

I too know Blackburn quite well - unfortunately.

I consider it a very futuristic town; ahead of its time. Eventually all British towns will be like Blackburn.

Now that's really bl**dy depressing! 30-odd years ago we used to enjoy shopping in Blackburn - great markets, good coffee stall between the two indoor markets - the shopping was pretty good too , and I almost always went and spent some money in Little Sheffield (a traditional ironmonger with a great tool selection in the back rooms). Happy memories - I have them about Bradford, too, and look how that's turned out...

Watching his speech on BBC News now (4.58pm start).

I can now see why leaders and kings of the past would be called "Mad" by the people, or historians later.

Mad Putin will be his title in years to come.

He just spent 10 minutes claiming Ukrainians were neo-Nazi's, holding foreigners hostage, using Arab fighters and how Russian soldiers were helping create safe corridors.

He did spend some time telling a story about a brave soldier who died killing many Ukranians - sounds like an important leader might have fallen.

All crazy though.
Stalin was called mad but he still won the war.
Maybe "madness" can be a necessary attribute in a successful warmonger.

Sponsored Links
Back