Putting Combi Boiler in brick shed

I had considered placing a suitable heat-insulating foam slab on the internal walls and underside of roof of the brick shed, would these products linked-to above mean that insulating the brick shed in this manner would not be necessary?

Or perhaps, once the shed is suitably insulated with a foam slab material, the products above would not be necessary?

Which way should one look at it?

Sponsored Links
Even inside a property, if the building wasn't to be heated routinely during Cold Weather I would be fitting a Frost Stat. For the sake of 20 odd £, the cost of the stat v. a new boiler isn't comparable.

Even inside a property, if the building wasn't to be heated routinely during Cold Weather I would be fitting a Frost Stat. For the sake of 20 odd £, the cost of the stat v. a new boiler isn't comparable.
Once these two products are fitted, would this avoid the need to insulate the internal walls/ceiling of the small brick shed with a suitable heat-insulating foam slab?

I had considered placing a suitable heat-insulating foam slab on the internal walls and underside of roof of the brick shed, would these products linked-to above mean that insulating the brick shed in this manner would not be necessary?

Or perhaps, once the shed is suitably insulated with a foam slab material, the products above would not be necessary?

Which way should one look at it?

Because its an outside building i would still fit the parts inc lagging the pipes, my house is based in NE London, and the outbuilding was subject to the 20019/2010 cold winter and also the teh Beast from the East in 2018, the pipes never froze but the boiler did come on many times at night due to its location outside. The insulation will help but the temp will still get low.

Sponsored Links
Once these two products are fitted, would this avoid the need to insulate the internal walls/ceiling of the small brick shed with a suitable heat-insulating foam slab?

I would say yes, but the ultimately decision should rest with your installer who will be putting their signature to the work. Boilers were routinely fitted in Boiler Houses years ago, (some still are), some are fitted in garages and external boilers are available. In all cases where there would be any risk of the boiler/pipework freezing then the first line of defence was/would be a Frost Stat.

What about using something like THIS set on a low setting? Wouldn’t cost much to run as it would only come on when the heating is not on and the temperature starts to get low.

I have something like that for my outdoor office. Never used it as I thought would cost a bomb. Are they cheap to run>>

I have something like that for my outdoor office. Never used it as I thought would cost a bomb. Are they cheap to run>>
Dunno but it won’t be on when the boilers in use or when the temp is below freezing so probably not much for a boiler cupboard but I would imagine 400w wouldn’t really warm somewhere enough to be comfortable to sit in. I have a 3Kw and a 2kw heating my workshop but then I am moving about doing physical work.

Dunno but it won’t be on when the boilers in use or when the temp is below freezing so probably not much for a boiler cupboard but I would imagine 400w wouldn’t really warm somewhere enough to be comfortable to sit in.

I have a rad in the office but would only put it on if I'm going in.

Frost stat & Pipe stat will negate the need on the central heating.

Frost stat kicks in boiler turns on heats central heating circuit until return reaches a preset temp (20°?)

It won't protect your cold/hot water circuit.

Small rad under boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back