Putting plasterboard up on a studded brick wall

Sponsored Links
You will have to take the vast majority if not all of the PB off to get insulation up behind it. There is no magic solution here.

It's only one wall so it isn't bad. I have about 150mm behind the PB. My question is what should I put behind and is it really needed? I don't mind taking down the PB on just the one wall affected.

Sponsored Links
Freddy's given you the answer - celotex or kingspan. While you're at it, you might consider replacing your plasterboard with moisture resistant plasterboard (at least 12.5mm) - bit of an expense and wastage, but you'll regret it in a few years if you don't upgrade now.

I don't feel the need for the MR PB, I am going to tank the shower area anyway. The tiles are going directly onto the PB so it will all have to come down in the future if we decide to update the tiles...

Probably alright then. As for whether you think it's worth insulating or not on that external wall, that's up to you. Personally I would, if for no other reason than the element of doubt would bug me immensely. :LOL: :LOL:

As for tanking the shower - I'd go for aquapanel myself since IMHO it's less faff and you're more or less guaranteed not to have any subsequent issues by the nature of the material.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do though. Nothing lasts forever, but it'd be nice if you get to choose when it's got to be changed. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back