putting up a tv wall bracket

I wonder how many TVs will be coming down in the next few years, especially if people are trying to fix them with plasterboard fixings.
Sadly a 2 yrs old child died a couple a week ago from Basildon when the TV fell on him :cry: :cry: I have no idea what fixings was used.

I would not use any plasterboards fixing whatsoever, it's too risky.

Sponsored Links
I wonder how many TVs will be coming down in the next few years, especially if people are trying to fix them with plasterboard fixings.
Sadly a 2 yrs old child died a couple a week ago from Basildon when the TV fell on him :cry: :cry: I have no idea what fixings was used.

I would not use any plasterboards fixing whatsoever, it's too risky.
Indeed - once the TV has been fitted with it's own plate ready to lift into position onto the one attached to the wall, try to lift it by this plate - you'll soon get an idea of what force it will be exerting on the wall's screws! Blo ody heavy!!!

Scrap that last comment I made. Noone was up in arms when I wrote it. Despite not knowing if Plaspugs were used in the Basildon incident where a child lost its life because a TV came loose from the wall, don't take a chance on this piece of work, use a professional to do the work. Even then you need to realise that professional does not mean that nothing can go wrong!

Hi. My husband has finally put up the tv wall bracket. We found the stud wall and we used an old (top of) coffee table as the piece of wood and then he secured the wood to the wall using really large rawbolts and screws and it is secure.(all 8 screws securely screwed into the wall)

Thank you all for your help----will post again IF it does come off the wall. :D :D :D

It has been now for two weeks and is still very solid-so hopefully I won't be telling you it has fallen off the wall. :D :D :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back