Putting Rad Back On

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Already removed rad for decorating.

I want to reattach the rad - I have a lockshied and TRV. The nut for the lcokshield-rad connection has no olive - I think it's called a ground fitting - so no probs connecting that I hope.

However, the TRV has nut and olive. Do I need to remove and replace olive, wrap PTFE around olive or just tighten up nut?

I'd like to just tighten nut - will it still be watertight with the "old" olive? Don't wish to wrap PTFE if at all possible in case I need to remove rad again in the future.

Thanks all!

P&D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. I'll open the TRV slowly and shut it off quicko if the nut needs tightening up.

I've only just had a Riva Advance HE 32KW installed early this month (and new rads and pipework). Can you believe that the water in the rads is rusty already? I've taken 2 rads off - one had dark green water and the other a rusty red. The installer is coming back this week to drain and put in the inhibitor. I'm amazed the water discoloured so quickly.

The installer said the lockshield connection to the rad was a ground fitting and needed no olive. Don't know how that works or makes for a water tight fitting. Wouldn't mind knowing though...?

Ta,

P&D.

smear the face of the ground connection with a little jointing paste.
it will be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back