Putting this tower together?

Never having used those before, I was just about to say the same as the above couple of posts.
I would not be wanting to go up there unless the bottom legs were tied together.

As for tying off, yes I can see that in those situations its going to be difficult to find something to tie them off to, however I am sure that in other situations there will be something to tie to and like most things we compromise, we take risks. Most of the time all is OK, only you can decide at the time to accept that risk, just like we do when going up a ladder.

Cuboid - yes put that thing at the bottom and not leave it leaning on the wall.

Sponsored Links
The tower definitely needs two cross members at the two bottom sections to stop it splaying outwards with the weight,

I accept it has stabilisers but I would still drill in an eye bolt or hook just under the first floor window and tie off the tower in the middle, the eye bolt or hook can be removed and the hole filled in after the job is finished

If drilling into the wall is a no-no then a large chunk of timber inside, floor to ceiling, can be fitted and accessed through a window. Also rope can be used, but a piece of timber akin to a tow bar works well.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back