PV67 and Sadolin Classic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, hope you can help me out with benefit of your experiences!

We have got a new softwood staircase and all new softwood joinery throughout the house, want it to finish it a very light oak colour and obviously be very hardwearing on the stairs in particular.

Problem we have always had in the past is the wood going yellow/orange eventually, which i really want to avoid - planning to put a coat of Sadolin Classic light oak, wire wool it, then 2-3 coats of satin pv67. Or using the PV67 sealer instead of the classic and let the sun darken it down! as long as it doesnt go yellow!

One last question is does it really only do 10m2 per litre?

Any advice, tips or alternative ideas welcomed, thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
Hi. I think the pv67 will still allow light to yellow/tint the wood. I reckon the classic base would be ok in place of the sealer. Carefull not to use other dyes etc as pv67 might react. I used this pv67 several times it's v/g hard and glasslike in a few hrs, they say no traffic for 12 hrs (I think) but last time i used it I was walking in 3 hrs. The fumes from this are dangerous.. I used a resperator mask and all windows doors open. Once dry any smells are gone, no lingering smells.

On such a big project though I reckon a call to sadolin will set your mind at rest re- the yellowing, they are quite good ..

Good luck ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back