PVC Ceiling cladding - is it a DIY job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had the kids bathroom redone recently and the wife has seen the ceiling in a friends bathroom and liked the look of plastic ceiling cladding. I can do basic DIY.

Are there any downsides to putting on pvcu ceiling cladding?

The ceiling has recently been replastered.

Sponsored Links
I've just had it put in our bathroom although I didn't do it, it looks quite simple to do watching some videos on YouTube.
As long as it's fixed to the ceiling properly it shouldn't cause any issues and should be easy to wipe clean and not get mouldy, so easy maintenance.

I just went for plain white with a silver border around the edge which hides any dodgy cuts and tidies up the edges against the tiles.

Might just be down to taste, some people like it others don't

I've just had it put in our bathroom although I didn't do it, it looks quite simple to do watching some videos on YouTube.
As long as it's fixed to the ceiling properly it shouldn't cause any issues and should be easy to wipe clean and not get mouldy, so easy maintenance.

I just went for plain white with a silver border around the edge which hides any dodgy cuts and tidies up the edges against the tiles.

Might just be down to taste, some people like it others don't

Did you first create a lattice work of batons or just screw or glue it to the ceiling?

Did you first create a lattice work of batons or just screw or glue it to the ceiling?

I believe it was fixed straight to the ceiling, its been about a month or so now and I cant see that it's flexed or bowed and still looks level.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back