PVC CONDUIT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

Im wanting to build a lighting circuit in PVC conduit for my garage , what ceiling rose fitting should I be looking for to enable 3 ends of conduit to enter the box 1 from the CU , 1 from the switch and a 3rd to loop into a second light ) , I couldn't find any suitable fittings in the local hardware stores. The through boxes or termination boxes look like they could be used but no good with only junctions. If you do know please could you post me a link so I know what to ask for.

Kind Regards

Ste

Sponsored Links
Evening all ,

with ref to above, I have completed the garage lighting circuit in 20mm PVC conduit all seems OK ,however I have a PIR security light on the outside wall which I put up a few months back , I wired the light straight into the ceiling rose so there was a constant live to it , ideally I would like the wiring for the security light in PVC conduit but would appreciate some advice on how you guys would do it , would you run twin & E through the conduit and then run the twin & E through the brick and outside into the light ? Would you not bother with the PVC conduit and just run the twin&E to the rose or to the CU (shortest trip) or would you use twin&E with a FCU ? Do the pro's always use FCU's as standard or do you use this method to avoid inconvenience i.e. 1 out all out scenarios ? I cant see how single core would work here as once outside it would be exposed :confused:

Kind Regards

Ste

hi
you could run a conduit to behind the light using a "stop end" box (1 entry)
then you would drill a 20mm hole in the back and tube out to the light.
it would probably be easier to run a small piece of flexible conduit from the light and connect it to a through box on the inside.....does that help?

Sponsored Links
Yes thanks for the advice

To change the bulb I would just knock off the 6amp MCB in the garage , im aware that would also take out the 3 lights inside the garage I know this isn't ideal hence me wanting to change it.

Cheers

Ste

hi

how about terminating the wiring in the said stop end box and the fitting a "greg/click" ceiling rose. the light could then be flexed and consequently unplugged for maintenance...the code for the rose is pcr2000 i think :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back