Using PVC conduit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to use PVC conduit to route 6mm T&E cable outside a property. Coming out of loft space throw drilled hole and back into kitchen on ground floor. Don't know if I have the right fitting and don't want to use steel conduit either.
I bought this as a "first stage" box at each hole made in wall (creating right angle) , but can't see if it would work now?
MT20BX1.JPG

Is there another type of fitting for this right angled junction?

Sponsored Links
You can fit this box over the hole in the wall. You can drill a hole in the box and feed a cable through.

Or, you could fit a bush end to the back of this box if you need conduit going through the wall. This would be applicable if you are using single insulated wires as opposed to normal cable.

Either way, all joins in the conduit must be glued with ega weld or similar. All holes in the back of conduit boxes outside should be sealed to make them watertight. All conduit box lids must have a rubber gasket fitted.

Is there not a route indoors you can run the cable, such as in a tall cupboard, and behind the kitchen units?

Might be a bit tight to bend the cable, sometimes a 100mm by 100mm square waterproof box is better and more watertight

Yeah, either that or upgrade to 25mm conduit. It's quite thick cable.

Sponsored Links
don't forget that if you are bridging a cavity in the wall you will have to protect the cable. i use pvc conduit for this. this stops any snots or other objects coming down the cavity damaging the cable.

I would think your really going to struggle to get 6mm T&E through conduit it's designed for singles.

I have where there is no access inside the house used a cable outside but I have used the SWA cable and the JB's don't look good on outside of house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back