PVC Door jammed shut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I wonder if any can help with a door problem I have in a house I've just moved into. It has been a bit tough to turn the key to lock it by pulling up the handles recently but it does eventually lock . Last night took longer then usual ...I tested the lock when the door was open and the key turned easily and the dead lock moved easy to the lock position. When I then closed the door against the frame and tried it, it wouldn't lock and it sounded like the lock / crawls was hitting the frame. The door it self didn't seem to be sagging and after a good few times it locked. Problem this morning the key won't turn to unlock it and the handle won't go past 90 degrees to open.
Any idea how to open and what needs to be done to close it in future?

Sponsored Links
Get a block of wood and a strong lever, like a crow bar, place crowbar under the door on the lock side not hinge, use the wood as a fulcrum and just put a little bit of pressure on the lever while turning the key.

It sounds as though its fairly out of alignment and req's a good adjustment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back