Pyronic control panel stuck on "Please Wait, Checking System"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

We recently moved into a house that has a Pyronix alarm system. It was working quite well. 2 weeks ago I went to connect it to our wifi, as I wanted to set up the app, and I almost had it set up correctly, but had to take a break. So I tried to exit the management menu, when I went to the final "No" to exit it completely, it got stuck on "Please Wait, Checking System".

Two weeks later and it's still stuck on it! I've tried pressing all the different buttons on the keypad to no avail. I tried entering our code and "Yes" just in case that triggered anything, but no. I turned off the MCB that the alarm is on and nothing happened - though we now have the Mains failure warning light flashing too. In case it matters, we don't have any keyfobs etc (or at least weren't left any by the previous owners).

I contacted Pyronix who said I'd need to get an engineer out to carry out a power cycle. I'd prefer to do it myself as I was getting to grips with using the menu and reprogramming it slightly (I'd like to try to re-zone it myself in time). Is this power cycle something I can do? I've tried googling it but can't find anything anywhere. Am assuming perhaps I need to turn power off and let the battery drain? But I'm unsure and wouldn't know the best method to do this (I haven't taken the front off the panel yet as I'm not even sure what the next step should be).

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Loosen two screws underneath the panel
Pull the panel away from the back box
Remove the screw in the centre of the panel holding the battery compartment lid in place
Unplug the battery
Unplug the AC lead to the left of the compartment (red lead white connector)
system is powered down.

Assemble in reverse.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant, thought it would be something along those lines. Just to check, this won't set off a tamper alarm or anything like that (probably goes without saying, but the alarm is currently unset)?

If it’s still saying checking system it sounds like it’s not returned from engineer mode. So no tamper should go off. But once the power is dropped from the panel that would stop the noise anyway

Ok so interestingly as soon as I unscrewed the second screw the alarm triggered with a Case Tamper. At that point the screen was responsive again and I could enter my code.

So that's good in a way... Thanks for your help Tiger.

Quick follow up question on this. I feel like I'm starting to get my head around how to program the system and will be trying to add a new door sensor in time.

However, is there a way to easily know which sensors are which? I.e. on our system, the original installer just left them all named "Input 01", "Input 02" etc. Is there something like you press a button on the control panel for "Input 01" and the sensor lights up blue/chimes if a door sensor etc?

I appreciate I can bring each sensor down and remove and re-add it if I have to, just fancied saving myself the time if the above is possible.

Put the system into walk test and trigger each zone to see.

Ah brilliant, wasn't entirely sure what walk mode did but I can kind of picture it now. Will try that later, thanks a lot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back