Pyronix Alarm System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Pyronix Euro 46 V10 alarm system which was installed in my new build 5 years ago. It was maintained by Chubb for the first year but I did not renew the maintenance contract. It has not been set for the 4 years since we stopped the maintenance contract.
All has been well until this morning at 3am when the alarm bell suddenly came on. There was no intrusion to the property.
I keyed in the "4 digit code" which was followed by the fault description "Garden Room Tamper on Input". I then pressed the "No" button twice.
The alarm sound went off but the yellow light on the left hand side of the unit continues to flash and won't go off.
I would be grateful for any advice for dealing with this.
Thanks.
CHUBPROB

Sponsored Links
Tamper fault on Garden Room sensor.
Post photo of device in that room.
Are devices all hardwired or do you have any wireless sensors ?

It was a new build house 5 years ago. I'm not very techy but think it is hard wired.

IMG_0032 - Copy (2).JPG

Sponsored Links
Thanks for response.
Do I need to get an alarm company (like Chubb) to come to fix this?

Take cover off sensor, adjust spring by pulling spring gently to adjust. Put cover back on a d reset alarm with code.

Sorry for being stupid but where do I find the sensor? Is it the large white/cream metal box (about 15" x 15") which for me is housed on a panel in the garage. Is the spring in the large white/cream box? I've never opened that before.
Or is it in the small box with all the button settings in it on the wall in the hall? The one where you input the 4 digit code and press "No" twice?

Garden room sensor tamper would suggest that the fault is on the movement sensor. I attach a post of the the spring to show you what you need to adjust.
Control panel may have engineer tamper reset enabled.

Sorry again. Don't understand what that means. Where do I locate the movement sensor? Where do I locate the spring? . I am not very technical

The thing with the blue light in the garden room is the movement sensor. I would reccomend that you contact a local friendly alarm company to check your system over as tamper faults very rarely go away on their own.

Sorry again. Don't understand what that means. Where do I locate the movement sensor? Where do I locate the spring? . I am not very technical

To echo others, I’d throw in the towel at this stage and get a local company in to do a service for you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back