Pyronix DIGI-WIFI alarm panel not seeing home broadband

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
had a strange problem that the alarm system would not see the home broadband network.
On other occasions it worked, but after a reboot of the router it stopped working again.

Finally, discovered from technical support that the router must be operating with 2.4GHz and channel < 11.

When I rebooted the router , it was set to "auto" for the channel and picked 13. Hence the alarm panel could not see it.

Hope this is of some use to someone as I couldn't find the solution on the internet, so posting here for awareness.

Have a great day!

Sponsored Links
The reason for confusion on WiFi channels is that the frequency allocations vary across the world.

The basic arrangement in most countries is for channels 1 to 11, and for that reason many manufacturers limit their equipment to that range. In the UK we can use channels 1 to 13, but if you use 13 you need to be sure that all your equipment can use it.

A further consideration is that channel 13 is more likely to be interfered with by higher powered equipment operating in the adjacent frequency band.

Also bear in mind that WiFi transmissions are much wider than the nominal frequency channels - in other words they overlap. If you want to avoid interference with other systems you should only use channels 1, 6, or 11.

Thanks for the info regarding the channels. We had a power outage and when the router restarted it selected channel 13. The WiFi module needed rebooting in the panel which solved 1 problem, then I confirmed the same as the original post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back