pyronix enforcer v10 alarms on loss of wifi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an pyronix enforcer v10 (wifi) installed by qualified installer. I have an issue when i turn off my home broadband router or loss the wifi signals, the control panel starts to alarming every 1 hour and i have to reset it each time. It was not like this before, until last servicing done by technician. When I questioned him, he said that it is normal. I think he might change some setting in order to have access to system remotely. Am I right? If so, how can i change this setting?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have an pyronix enforcer v10 (wifi) installed by qualified installer. I have an issue when i turn off my home broadband router or loss the wifi signals, the control panel starts to alarming every 1 hour and i have to reset it each time. It was not like this before, until last servicing done by technician. When I questioned him, he said that it is normal. I think he might change some setting in order to have access to system remotely. Am I right? If so, how can i change this setting?
Thanks

So, you mean that it was not a setting changed by installer and it is designed like that?

Sponsored Links
Comms warning fault.
180 minutes for grade 2 system default time.

20 minutes for unguarded system default time.
These are the times which elapse before audible warning sound made from control panel.
These timers are not generally changed unless you have had issues with your adsl service.

Comms warning fault.
180 minutes for grade 2 system default time.

20 minutes for unguarded system default time.
These are the times which elapse before audible warning sound made from control panel.
These timers are not generally changed unless you have had issues with your adsl service.

Handymanjo couple of things in this thread didn’t sit right with me so been doing some tests

First off isn’t the variable for comms fault delay not in seconds rather than minutes?

Regardless of that though I’ve just tested a couple of panels where the broadband drops and both the variable time in seconds and minutes has elapsed but no noise from the internal sounder?

Press D on the keypad.
Enter the master code.
Keep pressing No until 'Block UDL' is displayed and make sure this is disabled. By default it is enabled which allows the installer to connect anytime he likes without you ever knowing. It is a major error by Pyronix that no alert is created when remote access is connected. If the option is disabled he cannot do squat.

Check out the user manual which is freely available online and this option is explained in there.
Blocks uploading/downloading from the PC software :)

Although it is seems to me all he may of done is enable the comms fault timer that was disabled before. Probably thought he was doing the right thing and as usual backfires. Even if disabled you would know if the comms link was working if you can connect via the app.

Gibbies I’m not the OP and whilst all that is good stuff it’s not covering the comms fault warning I covered above

Gibbies I’m not the OP and whilst all that is good stuff it’s not covering the comms fault warning I covered above

Oh. If the system is in 'App' mode the timer is in minutes. If not then I believe it is in seconds. Don't think this stated in the manual though :rolleyes:

Let it go for the longer of the two and still no joy. Do you have an enforcer panel you could test with your end? Running v10 this end

Let it go for the longer of the two and still no joy. Do you have an enforcer panel you could test with your end? Running v10 this end
No sorry no panel. Do you get any fault alert at all? Amber LED flashing? Anything in the log?

Timer not set as 250 is it? Think 250 disables the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back