Pyronix digi wifi losing connection to router

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Been put forward to you guys from Map-Security for help?
I have a pyronix Enforcer with Digi wifi installed for 12 months but in the last few weeks it loses connection to the router (SKYQ) and so no polling of cloud. If I reboot the router it reconnects ok or if I power down a reconnect digiwifi board it comes back works fine for a day or so then does the same. I doesn't appear to reconnect unless I reboot/connect. I have contacted Pyronix but no help given also Map-security who I purchased from but they cannot help either.

Can anyone give advice where to go with this, is it likely to be router or board. I suspect router as its a bit slow sometimes when using phone etc but I don't know why its just the alarm that loses connection and doesn't then come back. Although its all been working perfect for 12 months no issues at all so why now?

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
What’s the signal strength on the wifi module? (Go into enginner mode, think its in app set-up) should be above 12 ideally. There is two Wi-Fi modules one with onboard antenna and the other has a plug on type with a seperate aerial which can be fitted outside the panel box.

Hi I've tried looking and cannot find an option for wifi signal strength? Completeley locked out today. Does not try to reconnect when disconnected? I have reconnected via my phone through the pannel to the router there are 2 options of same name for same router one has 2 bars signal the other 3 bars. Connected to the one with 3 again. At a loss :( do u think adding the external aerial would help? Assume its something u get from amazon /ebay and not pyronix specific?

Thanks

Chris

There’s an option in the enginner menu which will display the wifi signal strength, not worked on enough of them to know where it is hidden yet, but I thought it was in the app set up menu.

You need a new Pyronix wifi mod which comes with a plug on extension aerial.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks ill have another look through my manuals to see if I can find it.

So I'd need a new module with aerial. Ill look into it. Just seems strange Nothing has changed or moved just started playing up

Thanks

Chris

Yeah its the nature of Wireless unfortunately. Double check with Pyronix first as i’ve only been out to a few of these so I can’t be 100% sure. The aerial is a flat white plastic type with a self adhesive back, our guys usually stick it to the top of the panel or somewhere discreet nearby. If you find the signal display it should be over around 11 or 12.

Ok thank might try giving pyronix a call but they wouldn' help on email. I'l keep looking for wifi signal strength, still illuding me :)

Hi just found u tube showing the signal strength in the menu and yes it is where u said on the u tube unit. Unfortunately mine does not have this option. Perhaps I have an older version it's 12 months old now perhaps not an option on mine :(

Thanks

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back