Pyronix Euro 46 - Adding entry delay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a house a few years ago which has a rebadged Pyronix (I believe Euro 46) alarm... It was a managed alarm and was enabled/disabled with an app.

I refused to renew the management contract and just set it using the Pin or Fob.. But it has a really annoying problem (2 actually).

1. I have to leave by the front door, monitored by a PIR.. If I try to go out of the back door (passing a 2nd PIR and a magnetic switch) the alarms goes off and won't set
2. WHen i come in, the INSTANT the PIR sees me, the alarm goes off

Its annoying, but I have to live with it.. But this week I was trying to see if I could get out of the house by the back door, if I moved really quickly.. This did something unexpected and put me in an "Anti-Code" mode.

I had to call the Alarm Company and figured it was time to try to argue my case to get the engineers code.. I told them it was my property and I didn't like the idea of them having the code and was going to sit there and type codes 0000 to 9999 (or I now know there is a trick to reset it from the main box).. And to my surprise they just gave in and gave me the code.

So armed with this code, I figured I could change the entry/exit delays.. But they are already set to 10 seconds.

I assume there is another setting which causes this behaviour.. So does anyone have any experience with this alarm who might be able to help

I need to change the behaviour to

1. When I open the front door and get seen by the PIR, I get 5 seconds to unlock the alarm
2. When I arm the alarm, I get 10 seconds to do what I want in the house before leaving from which ever door I want.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Ignore this.. After much reading and then trying various settings I have it cracked.

I can now come in.. The PIR sees me and I get a 10 second countdown.. I can also leave the house the via the back door and I can enter the house by the back door and get the same countdown as the PIR.. So I am really happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back