pyronix euro 46 HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My electric in my area went out last week and my house was the only one where the alarm outside went off at stupid o'clock I couldn't stop it
as the keypad was blank, I replaced the battery in the panel but again the electric in the area went off whilst i was sleeping, not sure what time the electric went off at
but how long does the back up battery last before it starts sounding the full alarm? i don't want to annoy my neighbours with this keep happening
also i noticed when changing the battery there was a glass type fuse lying in inside the panel lid, so this must have fell out from somewhere

also just wondering the battery that was ordinally in the panel is quite small and slim i remember looking at my parents a few years ago and it was alot bigger

im just thinking maybe i need a bigger battery as i have two live bell boxes etc

I've ordered a replacement fuse but does anyone know where in the panel this has to go?

no reply from the original installer so trying to sort myself asap

TIA

Sponsored Links
Start again ….power went off alarm sounded …you replaced the battery ? Yes , it went off again , did it do the same thing ? Yes/no

The power went off i replaced the battery as we have been in the house 5 years so i thought it should be done by now anyway
what i dont get is when the power does go down say during the night its always my alarm in the street that goes off no one else's
we all have the same alarm installed by the developer. obviously im sleeping when the power goes off but is there a certain time that the back up battery should run for before the whole alarm goes off? i thought maybe the battery was done in mine and it was causing it to go off quicker
but from ive replaced it and we had another power cut in the area the same thing has happened again

Sponsored Links
i didnt check the battery fuse im sure i could get a multimeter
i did notice a glass fuse lying inside the panel it must have come out from somewhere would that be causing the issue ?

Do you know how long the back up battery normally last in the even of a power cut?

Depends on what battery you fit and what you have on the system , we aim for 8hrs min standby but most are 24hrs standby

its a slim type battery i thought it looked quite smaller considering my parents system scantronic 9752 i think is much bigger
wondering if i need a bigger one saying that my panel looks smaller so unsure bigger one would fit in it, i have two live bells one front and one back maybe i need more back up power ?

7.0 is the largest in a small case version
Below location of battery fuse

Attachments

• IMG_3156.jpeg
    IMG_3156.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3155.jpeg
    IMG_3155.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 29
the battery i have is 12v.21ah maybe this is the problem then? i just typed in pyronix alarm battery and the one i have was suggested

ive found

Yucel 12v 7.0Ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery would this do ?​

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back