Pyronix Euro 46 - Stop display from timing out and going blank.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This week I discovered the Engineer code for my Euro 46 and was finally able to make some changes to how it works in my environment (the previous owner set it with the app, where as I am using the keypad).

Everything is great now, except for one thing.. The display keeps going off as if its 'timing out', where as I am 99% sure it didn't do this before.. I am sure it was always lit with something on the screen where as now it goes dark/blank after a few minutes.

I changed nothing relating to the display and can't find any mention of such a feature in the programming manual, so either I imagined it and it always did this, or one of the changes I made has introduced this as a side effect.

What I changed was

1. Disabled App Mode
2. Set Exit mode to Final Door
3. Changed some the Inputs to Final Exit and Entry Route
4. Disabled "Anti-Code"
5. Disabled "Engineer Restore Confirm"
6. Increased the Entry volume

Since doing this the alarm is now allowing me to enter and exit as I wish.. But the display is generally blank and I want it on all the time

Does anyone know what i might have changed which did this?

Sponsored Links
That’s normal ……you can turn it on via the keypad menu …
I was 100% sure that it was always on before.. Absolutely convinced that it always had the blue light in the top corner showing "tag" and something on the display.

Without it, I can't see where to swip the tag in the dark... I know you can wake it up by pressing a button, but you have to pull down the front flap to get to them

I am happy to accept that I made this up and just imagined it.. But it just doesn't look right having a blank display as I am sure it was always on before.

When you start an entry timer or activate a door chime it lights up the panel display ….have you removed a device that started your entry timer in part set ?

Sponsored Links
I did change my hall PIR (where the keypad is) from 8 (Entry Route) to 7 (Final Exit).

I am not 100% sure if this was the right thing to do, but it works now.

Before I did this, the alarm would activate the moment I opened the front door and was visible to the PIR.. But now I get a countdown, which is what i want.

The only other thing I did was change the Exit Mode from "Timed/Final Door" to "Final Door".. I did think that changing it to "Timed" would do what I want, but it didn't.

Again a lot of this was guess work.. But it seems to do exactly what I hoped it would now.. But I have lost the permanent display (Which I could live with to be honest).

I went back and reversed all of the changes that I had made and I still can't get the display to stay on.. I am starting to think that it always timed out to a blank screen, but my partner is 100% sure it didn't (and I tend to agree with her).

Its not the end of the world, but I would like to know how I changed/broke this...

Looks like I fixed it.. There is a setting under the "Keypad Menu" regarding the Backlight.. It was set to 0 where it goes off after 30 seconds.. I changed it to 1 and its on all the time now.

This is curious as I 100% didn't change this.. Its a totally different menu which I didn't know existed until today and I havn't even been in it.. So it must have always been 0 so maybe I did imagine the display being on all the time.

Either way, its fixed now and the display is on all the time.. Thanks for giving me a place to think this through.

Edit: @sparkymarka Really sorry.. You suggested this on Saturday evening.. I misread your post.. I thought you said you could wake it up from the keypad.. I didn't realise what you ment until now.... Should have paid more attention to what you are saying.. Thanks.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back