Pyronix Homecontrol History?

It is not an arc check.
Arc call start means a call to the arc has been initiated
Arc call ok means the call has been completed and the message has been conveyed to the arc - I.e system set/unset. If the alarm is activated and intruder signal will be conveyed to the arc in the same way.
It looks like the system has been programmed as such that it will send a daily test call around midnight every day. This is to verify that the transmission path is working. It is not really required to do this as the arc will register a poll failnif communication is lost.
Your installer should be able to resolve the issues easily with a couple of programming changes.
Is the system police monitored ?
Thanks!

Yes the monitored setup is a police response. Hence, concerned that the setup was not quite right.

So would it be recommended that i just reach out to the installer and get them to adjust the programming such that when i do a system set (regardless if its full or night) that it'll automatically perform the Arc call start / ok.
That way during the arming it'll validate the transmission path to the Arc - giving confirmation that all is good health.
Now following the Arc call start, in the event that the transmission fails to complete i presume i would notice an error?

The daily test calls sound like a sensible idea. It seems to do this even when the system is not armed.
You mention that this is not really required as the arc will register a poll fail if comms is lost. Is this so-called polling only when the system is armed, or does it continually poll regardless. I assume any failures are auto logged.

Btw can i clarify if the system unsets - is that also suppose to potentially carry out a similar Arc call start and Arc call OK?
Appreciate your advice...

Sponsored Links
The ARC will likely not police a confirmed alarm if the system is not showing as closed (armed) when it is set up to do so.
It is not to validate the transmission path, it is so the arc knows of the system is armed or not so can respond to alarms accordingly. If an arc call fails, an alert will be generated on the keypad. Also if connectivity is lost (wifi/lan/gprs) an alert should be generated on the keypad.

Your system will poll the arc constantly regardless of if its set or not. If arc doesnt recieve polls it will generate a poll fail which will be conveyed to the keyholders to investigate. This may coincide with a loss of internet/gprs connectivity which again should generate an alert on the keypad.

yes it should make a call to the arc everytime it is set, and unset.

And finaly, yes u should contact your installer to rectify this as it may compromise your police response should anything happen.

The ARC will likely not police a confirmed alarm if the system is not showing as closed (armed) when it is set up to do so.
It is not to validate the transmission path, it is so the arc knows of the system is armed or not so can respond to alarms accordingly. If an arc call fails, an alert will be generated on the keypad. Also if connectivity is lost (wifi/lan/gprs) an alert should be generated on the keypad.

Your system will poll the arc constantly regardless of if its set or not. If arc doesnt recieve polls it will generate a poll fail which will be conveyed to the keyholders to investigate. This may coincide with a loss of internet/gprs connectivity which again should generate an alert on the keypad.

And finaly, yes u should contact your installer to rectify this as it may compromise your police response should anything happen.
Just to clarify, as our system isn’t making arc calls during system set/unset. Are we basically saying the arc will therefore not know what our alarm state is; and should there be an alarm trigger there’s a chance the arc may not correctly respond ie police response in a confirmed alarm?

If that’s the case, I’ll get in touch with the installers. Glad I did not overlook this one.
Thanks for your advice on this!

All sorted now....Dont know what the fix was but some setting changes and now i get the arc calling each time we set and unset.
All good. Thank you for the help!

One thing that the installer couldn't figure out - When using the homecontrol app, on my setup it appears to initiate a forced session logout once i either set or unset the alarm via the app. The installer tested this on his mobile for his own office and it certainly did not behave this way. So we logged on using his mobile on my alarm but the same force session logout occurs after you either set or unset?
Installer will contact pyronix to confirm...

Just curious if you happen to know if there is a setting to change this behaviour? i.e. stop it from forcing a logout after set/unset.

Sponsored Links
I would have thought that was correct as it can’t signal out while you are connected to the app if your using the digi xa/ lan for communication…

U can set cloud priority to high instead of low which assume would do what u want but then would it still send a delayed close signal to the arc ? I dont know

I would have thought that was correct as it can’t signal out while you are connected to the app if your using the digi xa/ lan for communication…
We have a csl digi air connected for comms.
Like I said, the installer tried this on his office setup and it did not force him to log out after he unset his office alarm via the home control app.

However the behaviour is different on our setup? We get automatically logged out after set or unset via home control app.
It’s kinda annoying as the first thing I would want to check is the history logs to confirm etc.

Would appreciate if anyone can confirm if you have a digi air connected csl?

His office is probably not using the app module for arc comms. Digi air connected does the app and arc.

His office is probably not using the app module for arc comms. Digi air connected does the app and arc.
Are you suggesting that his office uses something like a digi WiFi module for app functionally only (and no arc connectivity)?
Hence that’s why his app does not disconnect once set or unset.

Hence not a digi air connected (cellular) module like what we have, where it allows both app and arc connectivity.

For the digi air connected, although this allows app and arc connectivity, are we saying that the module can only establish one connection at any time? Hence you cannot do both app and arc connectivity simultaneously? If we are required to send an arc signal then the modules default behaviours is to disconnect from the cloud app before sending the arc signal.
is that right?

That is correct ARC takes priority if cloud priority is set to low (default)
I would imagine my priority setting must be low. Looking into this, it’s recommended that it’s set low for graded systems.

So in short it sounds like the behaviour I’m experiencing is actually normal - as per what sparkymarka advised.

So guess I just have to live with that feature….
Thanks for the info!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back