Pyronix MC1/Shock-WE (combined shock/contact): does it have 2 inputs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As in the title, does this product use up two wireless inputs on the panel, and if yes, can you manage each independently of each other? For example, if I fit this onto the front door, I want the door contact to be Final Exit/Entry Route, but I want the shock sensor to trigger an output (such as flood lights).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes they are learnt, programmed & managed individually. Be warned the shock sensors are a bugger to calibrate correctly & often still end up too sensitive or not sensitive enough. Some early ones would forget the saved calibration when batteries are replaced & would default to max sensitivity, in which just looking at it would make it trigger.

Ok thanks - I stick mine on the frames using 3M VHB tape (very high bond), they tend to reduce the sensitivity somewhat.

Ok thanks - I stick mine on the frames using 3M VHB tape (very high bond), they tend to reduce the sensitivity somewhat.
Ah, the very way it is not recommended to fit any sort of vibration contact, I wonder why that is?

Sponsored Links
I mean that it reduced the sensitivity on that particular door, which is now in the perfect setting and less false alarms. Otherwise it would be too sensitive no matter what setting it's in. If it works, then it works.

You shouldn't really secure any sort of alarm sensor with adhesive tape, even less so the Enforcer vibration detectors. They specifically require a screw fixing to hold the vibration sensor cradle rigidly to the sensor housing, otherwise it's simply left rattling away, ready to false alarm at the slightest movement. I'd recommend at least one screw through this to reduce the chance of false alarms and missed detections.

Typical forum answer and attitude. Last time I was on a security forum (10 years ago) it was full of people on their high horses, with accreditation coming out of their orifices: "You know nuffin about security - go get yer self a professional blah! Blah! Blah!" Nothing has changed sadly. I thought this was a diy forum for people who aren't professionals and like to do D-I-Y! As such, you wouldn't expect professional results from everyone, otherwise no-one would be on this forum, we will all be on installer only forums talking about how many orders we've taken last month

For me, an amateur, I also have a job, but it ain't in security and I ain't botherd if its to Fort Knox regulation or if it suits Mr. Expert. It's also to check if the positioning for me is ok before any screws come into contact with the uPVC. The shocks are only to trigger the exterior lighting in the same way as a regular security lighting would behave. It's not critical to "my" application, and I don't care if the lighting switches on due to some "rattle", but the door sensor part of the unit will set off an alarm if opened. This is the part that I care about. And it will also be backed up by PIRs. I don't live near Heathrow, a train track or a main road, and the sensitivity is perfect and only sets off when deliberately banging on the window or frame. If it works, then what harm will be done other than a light turning on falsely? If it doesn't work, then the shocks aren't for me and I will switch off the shock input altogether. But they do work for me, and I will leave it as is, so what's the problem (better put my hard hat on)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back