Pyronix Procontrol+ problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Only just joined this site and cant find any existing answers that solve my problem so here goes:
So far...Ive installed a Pyronix Euro46 V10 system with wifi access, registered a cloud account, installed Homecontrol app on my phone (samsung S9) and it works perfectly with the cloud account and controls the panel as it should. app is basic but works but the video tab has now been disabled by pyronix who prompt you to upgrade to Procontrol+

I have read here that the Procontrol+ app has problems being slow and not always reliable but I want to add cameras and link them to the alarm zones so need to upgrade to Procontrol+ app......this is where I am having problem.

I followed the installation instructions on the Pyronix site for registering the app app but I dont get any option to add an intrusion panel, only cameras.
So to follow the registration process:
*download the app
*register with either email address or mobile number (have tried both but same result)
*get 4 digit security code sent by em or sms
*next screen just asks for a password, I used the app password I entered into alarm panel
(in online procontrol user guide it shows this screen as asking for a user name and a password but a Pyronics utube vid from 02/2019 just shows it asking for a password so guessing an update has done away with manually entering user name as app seems to automatically generate one now)
*hit finish and app says "logging on" then "automatically logged on".
*To add panel I should now be able to press the + button at top right of
display, select Intrusion panel from the drop down list and add my panel. In fact when I press the + button and select intrusion panel from the list I only get options to add
1 Procontrol+ domain or 2 IP/Domain which will add cameras but not a panel.
There is no option to add my panel.
Iv'e had several attempts at making this work , each time deleting the procontrol app account and erasing the data from phone, tried different email address, registering with phone number, tried different password, tried unistalling homecontrol app from phone and deleting the access for it from the cloud account. Tried installing on wifes phone with same result although when I put homecontrol app on her phone it worked perfectly.

sorry about long ramble but would appreciate any experts here telling me what I'm doing wrong as running out of things to try

Sponsored Links
Your not getting this option when you tap the + symbol?

Attachments

• 244BAAC4-3563-4346-A13C-71CF30F16265.jpeg
    244BAAC4-3563-4346-A13C-71CF30F16265.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 287
yes, I get the pull down menu but when I select top option for intrusion panel , the next screen has 3 lines
line 1 Adding Type Pyronix (selectable)
line 2 Alias New device 1
line 3 serial number numerics or upper case letters

if you touch on the
Adding line it opens window with 2 options
1 Procontrol+domain
2 IP/Domain

the IP domain is certainly to add a camera to the app as I did connect mine to it, the second option option just prompts you for a serial number.
I gather the first option should be similar the home control app where it asks you for the System ID and app password to connect to the panel

You only need to enter the system ID. Simple as.

Attachments

• 29AD8218-2D2D-4B3E-918F-EF44D5DEB89F.png
    29AD8218-2D2D-4B3E-918F-EF44D5DEB89F.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 256
Sponsored Links
Put system id where it says serial number. for some reason it comes up as serial no on android devices and system id on apple

Thanks Gibbies, works fine now:D:D:D, youre a star!. must admit I hadnt used any lateral thinking to put in a system ID when it was asking for a password although given the gaps in some of the Pyronics documentation I shouldnt be too surprised.

And thanks also to Bigsosij :D:D:D, I guessed it was something I was doing wrong as I couldnt find anyone else having problems, anywhere on the net just me:(. cheers, you are also a star!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back