Pyronix Sterling 10 - Keypad Replacement or paint ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I have a Sterling 10 Alarm and the keypad buttons have become very tough to press. You need to push very hard on some to get them to contact.
I have searched for replacement buttons but even on eBay, they are non existent.
I read somewhere that adding conductive graphite paint to the inner black areas of the buttons will help.
Now I don't want to do this until I'm absolutely sure it won't bugger up my keypad.

Any thoughts please ?
IMG-0065.jpg

Sponsored Links
You could rub each conductive digit pin with a paper towel. This may make the buttons more responsive.
As sparky said replace it.
Pyronix euromimi is direct replacement for your Sterling 10.

Thanks for the response.
Do you mean replace the buttons , the front plate or the whole box ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Whole control panel and remote keypad.
Sterling 10 is obsolete ,no spare parts are available.

Can cause more hassle with keys.
Is it possible to change code number to key digits that have not been used ?

I have changed the main code number to use previously unused keys but id like to repair the quick function keys, Arm 1.
Thanks for all the replies. I'll look into getting a replacement pad.
ty

I tend to use meths on a cotton bud on the keymat and the tracks on the keypad pcb , as jo as said use a paper towel to clean the keymat ....those rough paper ones are the best if you drag the keymat on it you will see the black lines , you will probably see that the buttons you use are shiny, you need to get rid of this ....if this fails replace the keypad and control panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back