Pyronix Verses?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm after a little advice from you wonderful lot. My usual choice of alarm system to install is the Pyronix Enforcer or the Euro46, both In have found to be excellent products however I have recently had a couple of issues with the Enforcers. I'd like to offer my customers an alternative manufactures wireless security system so was wondering as to what any of you would recommend that is of a similar price point to the Enforcer with smartphone compatibility etc and relatively easy to learn the programming. A system that you install regularly and rate for reliability. Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Your asking in a DIY forum :LOL:
I imagine all manufacturers have niggles at some point. What problems have you had?

Yeah I realise that however I know a lot of experienced engineers respond hence my request.

Would stay clear of texecom premier at the moment riddled with bugs in the firmware ....

Sponsored Links
Don't forget the power supplies that keep failing, and texecom have not sorted even when they changed manufacturers to Elmdene and they still fail.

I think you'll have the odd problem with any manufacturers kit, it's a numbers game (especially with the amount of wireless about these days) We have plenty of issues with Pyronix, I've heard of problems with Texecom and Orisec from other installers. HKC seems to be about the most robust in terms of the wireless/app side of things but it's not the nicest looking equipment.

It is true that many issues exist with each and every manufacturer out there.

As for riddled with bugs and the psu's not convinced that is a completely accurate description.

Whilst its probably a little early to say for certain, regarding the PSU's I haven't heard of any of the -6 variants having issues, it is possible that stock at some suppliers my contain -5 or earlier PSU's.

Attitude of the manufacturers does vary.

They all need to pull their socks up to be perfect.

@ secureiam ....come on ....every firmware since v5 has had some issues from ....guard acess to psu load test causing issues ...no low battery warnings ...psu issues... 90% of our installs where premier panels , now only 10% as they where costing us ! Time and money ...and as for the new detectors ....the sample they sent ...you can’t lock the lid on ...no thanks ...will stick with optex ...

(especially with the amount of wireless about these days)

A friend who is a key holder has been called out twice since Christmas to attend the property. Both were false alarms. Both created multiple "Sensor Off Line" reports. It is 99% certain that a remote controlled toy ( Christmas present ) is blocking the channel.

How many installers (*) of wireless linked systems have the test equipment to detect and record occupation of the Licence Exempt wireless channels ?
How many do a survey of the channel their equipment will be using before committing to install that equipment. ?

How many manufacturers provide information about how their system will cope with persistent occupation of the channel by third party equipment ?

Third party equipment can be :-
[1] legal compliant equipment.
[2] illegal non-compliant equipment.

(*) from DIYers to professional alarm installers.

Guard access issue is fixed now? this was an issue only if you successively part arm the system 4 times, which to be fair during the pandemic has been more common.

The low battery device issue is being looked at and whilst this isn't an issue under regular maintenance ie 2 year battery replacements it is a concern that your likely to get a supervision fault first rather than a battery failure. Not sure what the true cause is behind this yet as some folk are still getting low battery warnings normally from what I have read (I see very few of these issues with my customers but have seen it on my test systems, the difference is my customers batteries get replaced before they fail usually), although I think it could be related to the way they now calculate the low battery condition.

The load test was a fudge as far as I am concerned for grade 2 panels and far better replacing the PSU to the -6.They did indeed get the first fudge wrong before it was corrected but not into fudging.

As for the capture, no idea what is happening there, not had an issue with locking any of them. even with 2 x 8 core cables in when testing recently and one 8 core running past the locking mechanism.

Riddled I would say no, issues yes.

Fit the following ....euromini .....no issues
euro 46 .....no issues
enforcer ...a couple of psu failures , some piezo failures ....all sorted under warranty ( extra piezo’s supplied)
Delta bell ....some issues with tamper switches ( the green tamper switch ), some piezo failures ( not as many as texecom )
Delta we ....had a couple where the bell didn’t work ( sound , strobe ok ) after battery replacement , not a piezo issue
All other devices seem pretty trouble free

Hi all, many thanks for the responses so far, appreciate all the feedback

The Deltabell issue after battery replacement has now been addressed I believe, it's only in older Deltas, all the new ones now have the upgrade mod to prevent it happening.

The issue I have had on a number of panels recently is losing supervision with all devices thus setting off the wireless sounder, once activated there is no way of silencing the sounder as it as it has lost comms with the panel. It's cleary an issue as Bernard describes, the problem is it certainly appears to be increasing...

For us, the Deltabell WE is the single biggest cause of call backs in nearly 15 years of trading. Two bad batches of tamper switches, water ingress due to the gap between the top of the cover and backplate (since "remedied" by the inclusion of plastic clip on piece to deflect water away from the electronics module) and now an issue with the batteries not lasting more than a year. Other problems include Enforcer panel piezo failures and WZM fails, a handful of panels have just failed completely. The digi-wifi likes to drop out when it feels like requiring a site visit to re-boot the panel. A few faulty wireless detectors (mostly shock MC failing open)

Had a Euromini faulty out of the box (reporting mains fail with mains present) but other than that, the wired panels have been decent.

I use all Orisec equipment for installs.
Can’t fault their equipment and sales/support.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back