Qoutes to put fence up.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want a 6 ft close board fence put up in my garden, I will need 96 ft worth of material, concrete post put in and everything supplied everything supplied. How much do you reckong I will have to pay.....

I have had one qoute for £730.....

Anyone any idea if that is a reasonable price or not, or what I should be expected to pay......

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
As there are so many variables, best to get a couple more quotes and compare.

Eddie M said:
As there are so many variables, best to get a couple more quotes and compare.

The qoutes I have had are: for 6ft panels =£730 and £620

Fir the close boards, I have got it down to =£650, which I have taken, seems a good price to me, this was from the same guy who first said £730, he dropped it down in price mainly because he knows a relation of mine.....

Have I got a good deal?????

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
poolietim said:
Have I got a good deal?????
depeds where you are in the country, labour rate, get more quotes then you will know

Live in Hartlepool mate, not going to bother with more qoutes, I was just wondering what you guys thought, thats all.......

I got a 70ft fence with posts, rails, boards, nails, concrete, and rubbish removal done for £440.
Only live 25 mile down the road from H'Pool

Down here in the south you'd be looking at £1400 - £1500 for 6ft closeboard over that length (30mtrs) knock a bit off if wood posts are used instead of concrete.
6ftx6ft panels over the same distance would be in the region of £700 -£800.
That would include removal of any old fencing.

skybluescooby said:
I got a 70ft fence with posts, rails, boards, nails, concrete, and rubbish removal done for £440.
Only live 25 mile down the road from H'Pool

So it`s seems mine price works out about the same then!!!!!!

Must be the going rate up here, I just thought it was a good price because I got a qoute of £730 just for the panel fencing....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back