Quad Bikes Stolen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother was having them serviced at a dealerships premises and was broken into by theives.
They stole a number of items from an insecure yard in front of the premises and took two of his bikes worth about £2800.
One was a 1 year old Honda 250 quad bike, the other was a cheaper china version.
That was about 6 months ago and he has been unable to replace them even though he promised he would replace them.
Should legal action be taken at this stage ??.

Sponsored Links
we've had quad bike's for years and always had problems insuring them as they get stolen so easily, all you need is two strong fella's and a van ,so we had to join the national farmers union and say that they are tractors (''get off my land'').
p.s I've personally never had one nicked

You could enquire to the Citizens Advice Bureau, as they were in the care of the dealership then I would have thought it is up to them to sort it out with their insurance.
Thought you lived on a remote desert island Richardp???

Thanx for the replies.
The guy who owns the business where they were being serviced had no insurance cover for his yard.
His insurance only covers the locked up workshop.

I dont think its looking to good. His wife left him a while back and is cleaning him out also and he wrote off a brand new van. The guys luck seems to be down and out and now we are considering litigation against him for the loss of the bikes.

Sponsored Links
Litigation is probably the only thing you can do, worth talking to CAB though as there may be other more amicable options.

Spark123 said:
You could enquire to the Citizens Advice Bureau, as they were in the care of the dealership then I would have thought it is up to them to sort it out with their insurance.
Thought you lived on a remote desert island Richardp???

well thats true but you can't explain that to the insurance dudes, that no-one can steal anything here cos there's no where to take it.

the problem you might have is if you do take him to court he may just pull theplug and you'll be last in the line with the receivers and probably wont get anything.

Anyway they have probably done you a favour, horrid, dangerous, noisey things !

not really any more dangerous than those 2 wheeled pedal powered machines that people are being encouraged to ride, at least they dont fit on the pavement.

Sponsored Links
Back