Qualifications

sparkybird said:
The college where I took 2381 and am taking 2391 at the moment is clamping down on people who don't have the 2330 or the equivalent knowledge. I am pleased about this as it really cheeses me off when we spend half the lesson having to go over Ohm's law for the 10th time....
The answer to that is to not go over it 10 times, and let those who are inadequately prepped fall by the wayside....

If C&G want to make 2330 an official pre-requisite for 2391 then that's one thing, but for colleges to impose it on an ad-hoc basis is another. I understand that they do need to ensure that people have a sufficient grounding in the basics, but Ohm's Law is GCSE Physics FFS. How hard would it be to ask people to pass an entrance exam? No course given, no tuition to arrange - you turn up, pay a fee (maybe partially or wholly offset against the 2391 course fee if you pass), and take a test to determine if you do know enough electrical theory to not screw up the course for the others.

Sponsored Links
I have the 2330's and the 2381 and will do the 2391 in the autumn.
Do you need anything else to become an electrician and get part p registration?
One source said you needed the nvq level 3 is this true?
Another said you need the am2 card? There seems to be so many cards and courses that i don't know which way to turn.
Help........

misha8904 said:
Another said you need the am2 card? There seems to be so many cards and courses that i don't know which way to turn.
Help........
How did the fool and his money get together in the first place!!

Help........
How did the fool and his money get together in the first place!!

Sponsored Links
This is the route I plan to take in the summer. A company called OLCI offer it as a home study and the practicals can be completed in five 3day blocks in either Glagow, Manchester,Brum or London. I work full time so this is my only option. My local college do the 16th edition and the 2391 but only allow entrants who have done the 2330. I have just completed a HNC in electric and electronic engineering but I didnt ask if this could be used as a alternative to the 2330. However for someone like myself who prob could explain practical work better than completing it I feel it will be good to gain the grounding in installations.

Hi Guys
I started studying 4 years ago and here in Northern Ireland you need the 2360,the AM2 test and the NVQ level 3 ( logbook) to get a sparks card with the JIB Currently i also have done the 2391 which you had to have/studing 2381/2330 to be allowde to do and the 2377 PAT testing which should get me an approved card
Hope the info is helpful

Collieni

hi everyone

following on the conversation, i am doing 2330 2nd year with 2 exams to finish, ive been told that you cant take 2391 without the 3rd year behind you as that is the background you need to get on the course, im amazed how someone without the 3 year basics could get through the 2391 and understand it and apply it properly, as for part p regestration you can register with nic at the end of the 2nd year of the 2330, they give you a years grace to get your 3rd year qualifications,

did 236 parts 1 and 2 in 1 year.. 1 day a week..

never did 2381, though there was a regs lesson in the 236 course..

did 2391 this year.. passed written, still waiting to do practical..

I`m doing 2330 coming to the end of 2nd year,mine was about £600pa.
16th ed next i think??
its flipping confusing from over here.
Ray :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back