Quality wired system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Building a garage, I want a decent alarm system, battery backup. Once upon a time I use to work for SSG but that was a while ago so I've no idea of what is on the market now days! Where should I start looking?

Sponsored Links
Call 3x local companies for quotes, don't necessarily go for the lowest

Sponsored Links
I'll be fitting it myself, I'd just like to know whats a decent panel/system.

Honeywell Galaxy Dimension or Texecom Premier Elite.

Use Ebay for guide prices, but you'll be able to buy all the hardware for a decent spec'd system for less than £500.

You could even use a Scantronic 9448 for a garage! (but do avoid the new 9651PD - I not convinced they are reliable).

You could consider 2nd hand stuff. There are many perfectly decent panels that don't meet the new standards but would be fine for a domestic garage - Texecom, Menvier, C&K, Scantronic, Castle Caretech, etc.. It would be a good idea to check the availability of new keypads (if appropriate) in case yours is worn out.

Personally, I prefer an alarm with an LCD keypad and proper time and date stamping in the log.

I've done some digging, I'm now not sure if I should get a setup with 2 area's so I can have the house on one the garage on the other....

That's pretty much what I have with the Dimension. I have a power RIO in the garage which is hard wired back to the panel.

I also have the garage lights and door controlled by the system. Enter a code and the garage door opens. This means I can also open the door with the phone apps when I receive a delivery and I'm not in.

It seems there's almost too much choice! It might make sense just to treat the garage as a stand alone area with its own alarm. It only needs 3 door contacts, 2 PIR's.

If that's all you need without any fancy features, then any basic panel will do it. Check securitywarehouse.co.uk or brewtime.co.uk for kits with all the bits. You'll be under £150 for something that basic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back