Qualms chsnging cars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive traded in a mk3 micra for a mk4 polo.
Not sure now, if I should have gone for another newer mk3 micra instead. I thought about relibility, insurance group, economy,
But i knew the micra well and felt more comfortable working on it.

I thought at the time I'd made a good logical choice but not sure now. Too late now, just wonder if itz a common gut feeling otherz have when changing makes

Sponsored Links
It's called 'post purchase depression', you've just come down from the 'high' of purchasing a new (to you) car.

Don't worry too much about it. In fact, I'd recommend you go out & start building your trust in this new (to you) car & in no time at all your irrational feelings will all blow over.

Sponsored Links
I think we all have a few doubts after parting with the cash.....
The latest Micra is a totally different beast from the earlier models, only time will tell if its as good. Pricing is insane for this one.
Are you happy with the Polo?
John :)

I think we all have a few doubts after parting with the cash.....
The latest Micra is a totally different beast from the earlier models, only time will tell if its as good. Pricing is insane for this one.
Are you happy with the Polo?
Yea it's going fine. Little things like no remote locking, doors seem heaver to push/pull open etc.. Just seeing micras about gets me thinking as I was mechanically familiar with them.

Thanks. I did have the micra for 10 years.

I bought a Mk5 Hilux brand new & it was supposed to be my car for the rest of my life. We were together for 12yrs & it tore me apart emotionally when we finally parted. My kids actually hugged & comforted me, it was that important in my life.

But 'HEY', life moves on & if you don't move with it then it leaves you broken in its wake.

I know where that Hilux is today & it's worth a lot less than my Overfinch, yet I'd gladly swap.

ditched my mrs' merc just before xmas. We'd had it new since 2001, still drove like new (in my head) :D

Generally they are fine.....I did have issues with an overheating Polo a while ago and it needed a new cylinder head as it wasn't skimmable.
Like everything else, they need looking after and regular servicing.
VW's were known to be very robust a few years ago, that isn't the case any more and the model of car has nothing to do with it.
John:)

I bought a Mk5 Hilux brand new & it was supposed to be my car for the rest of my life. We were together for 12yrs & it tore me apart emotionally when we finally parted. My kids actually hugged & comforted me, it was that important in my life.

But 'HEY', life moves on & if you don't move with it then it leaves you broken in its wake.

I know where that Hilux is today & it's worth a lot less than my Overfinch, yet I'd gladly swap.
Some motor, the Overfinch......are they all V8 petrol?

Generally they are fine.....I did have issues with an overheating Polo a while ago and it needed a new cylinder head as it wasn't skimmable.
Like everything else, they need looking after and regular servicing.
VW's were known to be very robust a few years ago, that isn't the case any more and the model of car has nothing to do with it.
John:)
Pheeww Thanks.. Yea like you say, servicing and looking after like everything else. The micra needed various jobs on it as i dare say this one will given time. They all have their foibles

Sponsored Links
Back