Qualms chsnging cars

I bought a Mk5 Hilux brand new & it was supposed to be my car for the rest of my life. We were together for 12yrs & it tore me apart emotionally when we finally parted. My kids actually hugged & comforted me, it was that important in my life.

But 'HEY', life moves on & if you don't move with it then it leaves you broken in its wake.

I know where that Hilux is today & it's worth a lot less than my Overfinch, yet I'd gladly swap.
Could you buy it as a second car?

Sponsored Links
Some motor, the Overfinch......are they all V8 petrol?
John :)

I have absolutely no idea. I don't own all of them, just this one.

I cannot 'bond' with it, it is not me. I don't care how much it cost & I care not how much it costs to run. It seems to me that everyone else seems to think we should be together, but I was happy with my Hilux. This bloody thing has more buttons on the steering wheel than the Hilux had in the whole car.

I want my Hilux back.

It's called 'post purchase depression', you've just come down from the 'high' of purchasing a new (to you) car.

Don't worry too much about it. In fact, I'd recommend you go out & start building your trust in this new (to you) car & in no time at all your irrational feelings will all blow over.
Will do. Cheers

plenty of diesels. but they seem to have the same bhp as the standard v8. Maybe a bit more torque?

Sponsored Links
Out of my league a bit, only noticed one thinking it was a Range Rover with an altered badge. I didn't know this firm existed until I looked it up.

My Mum thought she'd made a mistake swapping from a manual TDi Golf to a DSG TSI Yeti, but a few months on and she's loving it.

Of course, everything is different and she felt as if she'd never get used to it. Very unhappy at one point, but all smiles now.

Some motor, the Overfinch......are they all V8 petrol?

A mate of mine had one that was just the overfinch styling and had the 2.9 TDV6, 2006 I believe it was.

Biggest pile of ****e I've ever been in. Something was wrong with the air ride and so it kept dropping at motorway speed and it was the hardest ride to Blackpool you could imagine.

Then we managed to have a puncture, something was wrong with the rear N/S disc and it had gotten so hot all the studs had seized on. The brace that came with the emergency kit broke while trying to crack them.

In the finish the AA towed us off the M6 and had to use a length of scaffold tube to crack them.

Back