Question about pressure on a Baxi 105 He Instant ?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, please can some one give me an indication of what presure should be in the E/Vessel when the boiler is cold ? i see some people say 1bar, some say 0.5 bar, i just changed the Pressure relief valve as i was losing a little water through the pipe, i checked the P/Vessel and it had 0.5 bar in it no water came out when i pressed the valve so i assume the vessel is still ok. Pressure on the gauge of the boiler shows 2 bar when hot, drops a little to 1.7 ish when hot tap is on then back up when turned off, does this sound about right ?????

cheers

SIe

Sponsored Links
Ok further update, had the boiler off for around 2 hrs until totaly cold, reading on boiler shows 1bar, vessel just below 1 bar, powered back up and once warm shows 2 bar, please some one reassure me that this is all sounding ok !

cheers
sie

2 bar hot is about the norm, even above is ok.but testing an expansion vessel while the boiler/system is under pressure isnt.to test an EV. the boiler/system has to be drained down.otherwise your reading the system pressure if you EV is knackered.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, to drain it down can i just use the prv ? until no further water comes out ?

dont think youd need the info to drain down, to check EV pressure though.2 bar is normal when hot.

But if i wanted to drainit down, how would i do it ?
cross that bridge when you get to it.
From the info you've given your system appears to be set up alright, don't go messing with bits and risk upsetting it - if it's not broken don't fix it!

Cheers, Words of wisdom !

Boiler running fine for last week, so can relax now ! no more 'wanting' to get my hands in and have a mess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back