Question about the Mains Plug In Socket Timer Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello helpful people out there!

I am looking forward to some guidance before purchasing one of these.

As me and my wife both have late night shift we come back home late in the night. I want to switch the lights on and off automatically to create the illusion that house is occupied to deter the unwanted guests.

I am planning to buy Mains Plug In Socket Timer Switch clock which can let time come on automatically on the set time. The description says that this can be programmed for 7 days which I think what it means is one can have different settings / day of week.

My question is would this continue to operate on the same set time in following week as well or will this needs reprogramming? So let us say I put the light on at 5 PM to 8 PM on Mon-fri.. will it come on the same time the next week as well ?
Also it says that it uses internal battery to maintain clock. It sounds good but doesn’t that mean that it all will stop once the battery is drained or does it charge itself when it is in socket?

Please help me clear my doubts..

Thanks a ton in advance

Regards,
Manya..[/url]

Sponsored Links
It'll keep going doing the same program each week.

Re battery - probably only used when it's not plugged in, but not sure if it recharges when it is plugged in. Or it might not be a battery.

Best idea is to click this.

It's 3 clicks away from the item page you linked to - you can't have tried very hard.

Sponsored Links
you can't have tried very hard.

kind of disagree as the seller help is least intuitive name for the tab to know that is the place where questions can be asked... may be getting used to Amazon format! (used to e-bay straight forward - ask seller a question)

but thanks for the help and info!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back