Question for the professionals

tpt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a bit of marketing feedback from the tilers on here...

How many of you, if the price was right would consider buying some of your consumables in bulk - i'm talking bagged adhesive\ready mixed by the pallet, trims in 100's etc etc.

I realise you'd need a damn good saving but how many of you actually have the volume of work\means of storage to warrant it?

Sponsored Links
Although I have a reasonable amount of dry storage, the type of individual renovation work I do, means I don’t have the volume of work & I would imagine anyone doing similar work on a jobbing basis would be in the same position. This type of work will usually have different requirements in terms of addy/grout etc as well. A friend of mine does small developments of 2-6 properties & the consumables are mostly the same so it works well there; larger estates would be even better. However, it’s usually him that sources & supplies the materials so he gets the benefit of the discount & pays a contract rate for the tiling.

I would suggest it's the larger builders or contract tiling companies you need to target but my guess is most would already be buying direct in any case.

yep thought as much.

we already do supply lots of the big contractors as we can supply for less than they pay 'direct' i was just wondering if the 'pallet deals' type stuff would work for your average fixer. thanks for the feedback

Sponsored Links
By spending enormous amounts with granfix :)

I buy terrazzo tiles by the pallet but only because i cant get them by the meter has to be a pallet minimum

normally when buying tiles(pallets)...the addy is usually thrown in for next to nothing or very very cheaply... :wink
and as you have said, having the storage for it is a very big help..

most retailers etc are bending over backwards at the mo...for bussines,but i have been using mainly 2 for the last good few years and have a very good working relationship with them.. ;)

Selling in Bulk + Recession = No sale.

you still doing 50m2 a month then!!....

your never make or get any discount BS...(lightweight).....

as for the drill bits....you have your say i will have mine...

The more tiling I do, the less money I earn.

It's not a particularly well paid profession.

Drill bits........yeah, great comment, I bet you're laughing all the way to the bank...........Errrrrrrrrr :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back