question on pipe size and new connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im converting a property into 5 flats, each flat has been separated as there own dwelling so have there own electric and water,

there all pretty much the same so will have a shower and sink and a kitchen sink, being used by 2 adults, can i use 15mm for the whole of the pipe work or should i use 22mm and T off to the sinks ect in 15mm?

the water board are coming at some point to split the mains into 5 new meters outside and bring the pipe work into the house ( there is no front garden, front of house is straight onto street)

what size pipe will they use? and do i have to use a stop tap immediately form there connection?
what it means because of the layout of the property, in the flat where the pipework comes in they would have all 5 stop taps, not ideal and trying to see if there's a way around this.

thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to arrange the 5 stoptaps in a common area

is having them on an external wall an option? boxed in with a door

actually having them on the outside wall in the bin store area would work really well, just dont know if you can put stop taps outside.

also what about the pipe size question, can i use 15mm for the whole of the pipe work or should i use 22mm and T off to the sinks ect in 15mm?

Sponsored Links
15mm for each property should be fine. All pipework needs to be protected from frost, putting it on an outside wall is asking for trouble, and is unlikely to comply with regs.

Normal practice is either to bring the supply up inside the building and a stoptap just after entry into the building, or using a 'Insuduct' type cover to bring the pipework up from the ground externally, but again a stoptap as soon as possible where it enters the building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back