Questions about ready mixed concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need about 1.8m3 of concrete for garden wall footings. How much will it cost? How much to pump it as I live on a hill? What happens if I need more or less? This is the Suffolk / Essex area.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
My 2 cubm comes on friday and cost £300. If you are short you will need to get some more , so over order a little. Pumps can cost £300-500 and need to be booked in advance. 2 cubic m = about 50 barrows. So you will need 2 people if you don't have a pump.

I've emailed three local companies and had no responses. I'll get on the blower tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Up here the cheapest suppliers have mix on site wagons- tell them roughly how much you want, pay the extra £25/cube for barrowing and get exactly how much you need and no looking for a big hole to lose the waste in :)

If not already done, look for someone with a 'Volumetric' mixer. These are the mix on site machines, will only make what you need and create about a barrowful of waste for wash out.

Im not sure if they cover your area but we've used manor mix in the past and as they mix it on site you only pay for what you use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back